From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: USB 2.0 falling back to full-speed
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:17:29
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > You'll probably want to run the vanilla kernel for
3 > reporting and testing, just so no weird patches from anything else are
4 > confusing things.
5
6 Per you suggestion I downloaded a 2.6.25.15 kernel from kernel.org,
7 compiled with my old defaults (no modules, ondemand powernow) and got no
8 USB problem at boot. So I looked better at the gentoo-sources changelog,
9 I found I was previously using an older kernel (2.6.25.11) and thought
10 'good, they fixed it'. But then the problem appeared again, this time 15
11 minutes after the boot and I lost the USB mouse. So now I am trying the
12 2.6.25.15 with usb loaded as modules, at least I can try to re-load the
13 module to get the high speed functionality back.
14
15 Unfortunately there is no fix in recent kernels for SB600 chipset
16 related to USB, so I might be one of the few experiencing this problem.
17 Weird.