From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Re: k3b not working [fixed]
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:30:08
1 Gavin Seddon posted <1134392976.10988.25.camel@linuxstation>, excerpted
2 below, on Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:09:36 +0000:
3
4 > I see, you mean truncating it like this.
5 >
6 > On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 05:24 -0700, Duncan wrote:
7 >> Gavin Seddon posted <1134386969.11073.6.camel@linuxstation>, excerpted
8 >> below, on Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:29:29 +0000:
9 >>
10 >> > I had found this
11 >> >
12 >> > http://users.dslextreme.com/~craig.lawson/linux_notes/gentoo_portage.html#Locating_and_installing_specific
13 >> >
14 >> >
15 >> do an emerge --pretend, and get the category off of that?
16
17 Yes -- if your comment was to be on getting the category off of emerge
18 --pretend. Yes, the example of trimming is right, but the
19 context is still messed up because you aren't replying to the right
20 thread (that discussion, if I'm reading you right, was on the initio
21 thread, not this one). Sometimes replying to the wrong thread may be
22 done, if for instance the author is viewing unread messages only and no
23 messages from the "right" thread are currently displayed, to reply to,
24 but if so, it's usually noted in the comment, to avoid confusion when the
25 reply seems to make /no/ sense in regard to the quoted context. (Here, it
26 makes sense in regard to the meta-context, but not the actual content of
27 what you quoted, if that makes any sense...)
32 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
33 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
37 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list