From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: eselect-opengl update
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 14:29:35
1 "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> posted
2 48B4099E.3020909@××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Tue, 26 Aug 2008
3 09:48:14 -0400:
4
5 > Wow. That's crazy. Well I can tell you for certain that it's in my
6 > update list. Maybe it's one that was pushed out then pulled and I hit
7 > it just right?
8
9 This just occurred to me: You aren't running an overlay such as the xorg
10 or xeffects (whatever their official names are, I didn't check) overlays
11 are you? IIRC you and Beso just had a thread where he suggested the
12 xeffects overlay, but it's possible I'm getting several threads mixed up
13 in my mind.
14
15 If you are running such an overlay, check whether that update is from the
16 main gentoo tree or from one of your overlays. If it's in an overlay
17 that would explain why many of us aren't seeing it, and why the straight
18 Gentoo mirrors aren't carrying that file, too. The few that are may be
19 combined mirrors carrying sources for some of the overlays as well, but
20 often those sources must be downloaded from $UPSTREAM directly.
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman