From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] IMAP server for localhost
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:34:36
1 Hi,
2
3 So, I got it all set up and running yesterday. A few small issues came
4 up that have been fixed. Now it's been working fine since this
5 afternoon.
6
7 - Dovecot listens for connections from localhost:$port.
8 - Every 5 minutes Getmail gets my email from the one pop3 server I have
9 to live with. It's set up as a cronjob like in the hotwo I found on
10 the Gentoo wiki.
11
12 I really like this. I didn't realize you could regularly send mail to
13 the maildir without bothering the IMAP server - which is actually
14 logical, since it just serves what's there.
15
16 All in all I'm happy!
17
18 Marc Joliet