From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] NVIDIA 100.14.19 + xorg-server 1.4.0.90 + xorg-x11 7.3 = blackscreen after every restart
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2008 18:42:11
1 On Montag, 31. Dezember 2007, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > * Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 >
4 > <snip>
5 >
6 > > > Quite uncertain. The machine is very stable w/o the NV drivers.
7 > > > But just loading the kernel module and waiting a few mins
8 > > > ends up in an total lockup. I could 100% reproduce this problem with
9 > > > several nv-chipset based notebooks (different geforce versions).
10 > > > Ah, and there had been an preinstalled Vista on that box, which
11 > > > worked perfectly with 3D stuff.
12 > > > So I don't think it's an hw issue.
13 > >
14 > > and vista has a much better power managment than linux - could still be
15 > > overheating.
16 >
17 > Overheating a few mins after *cold* start and w/ using the 3D stuff
18 > (just by loading the kernel module and waiting a bit ?). Still seems
19 > very uncertain.
22 yes, if the full core runs at full speed it could be happen.
23
24 I was very certain that the kernel oopses I had at the end of Novembre/start
25 of Decembre were caused by the kernel - nope. I increased the voltage a
26 little bit and had no problems ever again.
27 --
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list