From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Tellico stopped working
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:01:59
1 Hi all,
2 I have been using tellico for a few years now to hold details of my dvd
3 collection.
4 Today version 1.2.14 would not start, it just flashed on and off on screen.
5 Revdep-rebuild did not report any problems.
6 So I decided to unmask tellico 2.0 and install it but it failed with file
7 collisions.
8 It looks as if the collisions are with version 1.2.14, no help on how to
9 resolve this is given in the logs etc.
10 I suppose the correct way would be to uninstall version 1.2.14 first and the
11 install version 2.0, however this is my question:-
12 If I uninstall version 1.2.14 and install version 2.0 will it pickup my
13 existing database automatically?
14 Would my database survive the uninstall?
15 What do I need to do so that all my records are not lost and can be used with
16 the new version?
17
18 Please help, it would be a disaster if I lost all data.
19 thanks
20 Paul
21 --
22 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux