From: Daemon Xavier <daemon.xavier@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Why can't compiled kernal find eth1?
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 19:27:01
1 thats one porblem with genkernel, go into ur menconfig and make sure you
2 have either both drivers compiled into your kernel, or as modules. Then u
3 need to nano etc/modules.autoload.d/your.kernel.here this is what mine looks
4 like
5
6 # /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6: kernel modules to load when system
7 boots.
8 #
9 # Note that this file is for 2.6 kernels.
10 #
11 # Add the names of modules that you'd like to load when the system
12 # starts into this file, one per line. Comments begin with # and
13 # are ignored. Read man modules.autoload for additional details.
14
15 #dm-mod
16 nvidia
17 ntfs
18 #cifs
19 smbfs
20 snd-intel8x0
21 ip_tables
22
23 my driver is compiled inito the kernel, i have a eth1, but dont use it bc
24 nvidia has one in my mobo. hopes this help ya!
25