From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] how to best run a script at boot
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:18:19
1 Hello,
2
3 I find myself again needing to run a few things on Winblow, so I reinstalled
4 my "old" vmware (I have a workstation 5 license).
5 My problem is that while everything installed well, on the next start I had no
6 network more. I've found out that running /usr/lib/vmware/net-services.sh
7 creates the missing /dev/vmnet0, so now I'd like that script to be run every
8 start.
9 On one list, someone suggested adding the script to /etc/rc.d and then
10 running "rc-update add <script> default". I've done that during Gentoo
11 install, but I was wondering if it was a good idea to add a "non system"
12 script to default.
13
14 Thierry
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list