From: Karol Krizka <kkrizka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] suspend2 sources
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 23:38:49
1 On Tuesday 28 March 2006 09:36, Brian Litzinger wrote:
2 > On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 09:09:46AM -0500, Mark Haney wrote:
3 > > Do the suspend2-sources work on amd64? I assume they do, but since I've
4 > > never used them I want to see if there are any gotchas to running them.
5 >
6 > I have a Compaq R3240US laptop. suspend2 works correctly for me
7 > including suspend/resume except for X.
8 >
9 > X must not be running at all or the system freezes during resume.
10 >
11 I can confirm this with my R3000 laptop. The amd64 support has been improved
12 in the last couple months and apparently it is even better with the 2.6.16
13 version of kernel. I'm waiting for it to get into portage.
14
15 Also I heard that the nvidia support for suspend will be improved in the next
16 release of the binary nvidia driver. But I am not sure if it is 64bit.
19 Karol Krizka