From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE4 desktop effects
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 08:58:09
1 2008/9/3 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
2 > Beso wrote:
3 >>
4 >> 2008/9/3 Marc Redmann <mr_spuck_2001@×××××.de>:
5 >>>
6 >>> On Mittwoch 20 August 2008 16:20:53 Mark Haney wrote:
7 >>>>
8 >>>> I must have missed a USE flag when upgrading to KDE4 because I can't use
9 >>>> the desktop effects. Can someone tell me what flags I need to enable
10 >>>> that?
11 >>>
12 >>> There is a USE-Flag which is called "xcomposite". I think you should
13 >>> switch
14 >>> that on.
15 >>>
16 >
17 >> you need the right driver, you need your driver to support them and
18 >> then use opengl as a general flag. you then use the system-settings
19 >> desktop to enable them. telling us what driver you're using could help
20 >> out. also, some time ago on this list there was a very similar
21 >> question about this. you can browse the archive and look for it.
25 > I am aware of that, I posted (yesterday) a question regarding the
26 > instructions posted (to me mostly) regarding getting desktop effects working
27 > with the radeon driver. That's where I"m stuck.
30 sorry i haven't got that mail. i'll go looking for it in the archive
31 and see what's your problem. i'll then try to answer out in the best
32 way.
35 dott. ing. beso