From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] initio seen, mt -f doesn't work
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:03:01
1 On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 01:25:07PM +0000, Gavin Seddon wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I have a scsi tape with an initio controller. 'dmesg' sees initio 360p.
4 > But when I use mt I get
5 > ' mt -f /dev/st0 eject
6 > /dev/st0: No such device or address'
7 > Where will the tape be?
8 > Thanks.
11 First thing I would check is the output of dmesg, you may need to reboot
12 depending on how many messages were added since the last reboot. You
13 should some entries where the kernel detectes the drive (by model number) and
14 assigns it a device name (st0).
15
16 As an example, look for your primary hard drive entry (hda, hde, sda etc).
17 There should be a similar entry for st0 after it detects the tape drive.
18
19 If not, that most likely means the kernel is missing some required driver(s).
20 It sounds like you have the scsi adapter configured and loaded, do you have
21 scsi tape support configured and loaded (if a moduled)?
22 --
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list