From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Moving X...
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:12:50
1 On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:55:07 +0100
2 Hamish Marson <hamish@××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Is there anyway to specify to the gentoo xorg-server package that you
5 > want it installed in /usr/X11R6 once more instead of under /usr?
6 >
7 > Under /usr/X11R6 I can have several copies... Generic, CVS and old
8 > working etc... Moving it to /usr has meant I can't do that any more.
9 > And makes debugging problems a real pain.
10 >
11 > I didn't see why it was moved... Could we at least have it as an
12 > option?
13
14 I believe the change was made to comply with the FHS.
15
16 The place to make this sort of request is on bugs.gentoo.org, by
17 raising an enhancement bug.
20 Kevin F. Quinn