From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Systemd migration: opinion and questions
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 12:57:13
1 Am Sun, 1 Mar 2015 14:13:53 -0500
2 schrieb Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>:
3
4 > On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 1:20 PM, Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Regardless: thoughts?
7 >
8 > I'd probably just do this:
9 > > Am Sun, 1 Mar 2015 08:34:19 -0500
10 > > schrieb Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>:
11 > >>
12 > >> The timer keeps running if you set the dependency on the service. So,
13 > >> next time the timer runs, it will try again. You might want to just
14 > >> set an hourly job and have it check for a successful run in the last
15 > >> day or whatever.
16 > >>
17 >
18 > You could of course trigger this from either the mount or hourly.
19 > Anytime you mount the drive or every hour systemd will run the
20 > service, and the service will see if it managed to do a backup/etc in
21 > the last day/week/whatever, and then run if appropriate.
22
23 As you might have noticed via my thread on gentoo-user, I am trying to solve the
24 underlying problem first before revisiting this.
25
26 Just as a summary for those not following gentoo-user: initially, the external
27 HDD is incorrectly detected as having 512 byte logical blocks. After
28 unplugging it and plugging it back in, it is detected as having 4096 byte
29 logical blocks, after which it can be mounted. See the thread here:
30 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/message/5677e2044aba73c5ac046a2a634f801a.
31
32 Greetings
33 --
34 Marc Joliet
35 --
36 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
37 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup