From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Can't connect to internet from Live DVD.
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 22:26:02
1 On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Henry W. Peters <hwpeters@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 9/19/2013 3:25 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 <SNIP>
4 >> This link says the Arch guys have a release with 3.10.10 which is a
5 >> very recent long-term support kernel:
6 >>
7 >> https://www.archlinux.org/download/
8 <SNIP>
9 >>
10 > Thanks MUCH Mark (& ALL), I will try this... (Arch Linux). & yes, last
11 > December )Gentoo DVD(
12 >
13 > Henry
14
15 Henry,
16 Report back how it goes. I've never been forced to bring up
17 wireless during an install so I'd like to understand how you make it
18 work under Gentoo and what problems you run into, if any. I'm assuming
19 here that Arch doesn't have any proprietary magic about getting
20 wireless started and that eventually a new Gentoo Live DVD would be
21 able to do the same thing.
22
23 Cheers,
24 Mark