From: Avuton Olrich <avuton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Hibernate-ram
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 02:47:47
1 On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 4:56 PM, Sebastian Geiger <sbastig@×××.net> wrote:
2 > I just upgraded to 2.6.26 and if I enter hibernate-ram the system suspends
3 > but never wakes up again untill I do a cold reboot. Are there any known
4 > issues currently with this Kernel version?
5 > I am using the 2.6.26 tuxonice-sources and the latest hibernate script on
6 > amd64.
7
8 ACPI on linux is probably the most undependable things about the
9 system. That being said, I've had much luck getting 'suspend to disk',
10 aka hibernate, to work over 'suspend to ram', also known as sleep.
11
12 Best of luck, but suspend to ram working is like expecting all the
13 planets to align with the sun. Each driver for each chip in your
14 computer must be ready for it, or it's not happening.
15 --
16 avuton
17 --
18 "I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell." --
19 Christopher Walken