From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] xx used greatest stack depth: nnn bytes left
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:10:33
1 On Dienstag 30 Juni 2009, David Shen wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I setup a gentoo 2008 amd 64 system, and then created my own initramfs
5 > file. But when the initramfs is processed during boot, I got the
6 > following message:
7 >
8 > exe used greatest stack depth: 6040bytes left
9 > mdev ...(similar as above)
10 > lvm ...(similar as above)
11 >
12 > The system could boot, but I am afraid I have made something wrong,
13 > and I have no idea how to troubleshoot this.
16 there is no 'trouble'. You activated a debug feature for devs and now you get
17 the output. Wit 8 or 16lk stack (I think its 16 for amd64, but have to check
18 that), 6k left is nothing to worry about.
19
20 Go to the kernel hacking submenu in menuconfig and deactivate (almost)
21 everything but magic sysrq keys ...