From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Thunderbird Address book problems
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:36:31
1 David Guerizec wrote:
2 > On Monday 03 April 2006 18:31, Mark Haney wrote:
3 >
4 >> I'm starting to have some strange problems with T'bird's address book.
5 >> Over the last week I've lost 4 address books to errors when I open up
6 >> the mail client. I haven't changed anything and I"ve been running 1.5
7 >> for over a month prior to this. I can't think of any thing I've changed
8 >> to the client and the system has been stable. Has anyone else seen this
9 >> problem?
12 > Did you upgrade your system last week ? If so, did you notice if expat-2.0.0
13 > got upgraded as well ?
14 >
15 Nope expat is still 1.95.8 as the latest.
16
17 > Your problem looks like the libexpat 2.0.0 ABI breakage:
18 > https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-448550.html
19 >
20 > As soon as I saw that after emerging expat-2.0.0 I had something like 250
21 > packages to upgrade, most of them were kde, I masked the evil expat-2.
22 >
23 > A friend of mine has slotted it with apparent succes, but there is no garanty
24 > that will work on the long run.
25 >
26 > David
30 >> --
31 >> Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
32 >>
33 >> Mark Haney
34 >> Sr. Systems Administrator
35 >> ERC Broadband
36 >> (828) 350-2415
41 Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
42
43 Mark Haney
44 Sr. Systems Administrator
45 ERC Broadband