From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] portage dependency?
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 21:13:04
1 2008/12/22 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>:
2 > I've been updating my system after having some surgery and taking time off
3 > from everything and I've noticed a funny thing. Certain packages are
4 > requiring that I install v2.1.4.5 or portage (I'm running 2.1.6.2 now)
5 > before updating the other packages. Why is that?
6 >
7 i think that they have some direct maximum dependency on portage or on
8 some package
9 that has it. try to see which packages trigger this and go up the tree
10 until you find the
11 packge that triggers portage. if you use the -vp option you should
12 find the package that
13 triggers the downgrade. follow its dependencies and see if one of it
14 has a <= dep on portage.
17 dott. ing. beso