From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE4 desktop effects
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:12:21
1 On Mittwoch, 20. August 2008, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Beso wrote:
3 > > this is due either to the driver not supporting something or some of its
4 > > misconfigurations or to something missing (protos or libs in
5 > > xorg-modular). it would be useful to see your xorg.conf, know what driver
6 > > you're using and what board you're using, glxinfo output and what use
7 > > confs you have on xorg-server and on your libdrm and x11-drm and what
8 > > versions of these packages you're using.
9 >
10 > Ah, that might be the problem, I am using the opensource 'radeon' driver
11 > for my laptop. I don't have drm enabled on this box because I never
12 > could get the ATI driver to work. I bet that's the problem.
13 >
14 > Does the radeon driver have DRM? Last I read, it didn't. Or not very
15 > well.
16
17 yes it has. In fact forever. But not all radeons have dri enabled yet. The
18 R600,R700 series have not dri yet.
19
20 You need to check several things:
21 opengl useflag set?
22 xcomposite enabled?
23 turn on drm/dri
24 xorg.conf setup correctly
25 are all libs that are needed installed. Like x11-libs/libXcomposite, x11-
26 proto/compositeproto