From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Unable to read PDF on amd64
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 01:23:26
1 Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o> posted 49E3D79D.1010306@g.o,
2 excerpted below, on Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:23:57 -0400:
3
4 > Steven Lembark wrote:
5 >> Works fine on x86, both with acroread-9.1; other files work here with
6 >> 9.1 on AMD, so it may be this file...
7 >
8 > That file opens fine for me with kpdf (embedded in konqueror). I REALLY
9 > don't want to install acroread, but if you really need help I'll be
10 > willing to do it - just let me know if you haven't gotten a response
11 > from anybody who does use it.
12
13 Same here, kpdf, but I have pdfs set to open in kpdf directly, not
14 embedded in konqueror. ~amd64 no-multilib profile. I probably couldn't
15 install acroread if I wanted as it's proprietaryware that likely comes
16 with a EULA I couldn't agree to, and as proprietaryware I won't,
17 regardless.
18
19 As for the segfault, how long has it been since you did a revdep-rebuild?
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman