From: Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Transition from sys-apps/linux32 to sys-apps/setarch
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:23:59
Simon Stelling, mused, then expounded:
Perhaps not - root@crosis rsanders # emerge -C linux32 --- Couldn't find linux32 to unmerge.
root@crosis rsanders # emerge -uDNav world These are the packages that I would merge, in order: Calculating world dependencies ...done! [blocks B ] sys-apps/linux32 (is blocking sys-apps/setarch-1.8) [ebuild N ] sys-apps/linux32-1.0 0 kB Total size of downloads: 9,717 kB Perhaps it's because I emerged setarch already? Regardless, both are actually installed. root@crosis rsanders # esearch -c setarch [ I] sys-apps/setarch (1.8): change reported architecture in new program environment and set personality flags However, even after installing linux32, it never shows as installed. Bob - -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list