From: Guido Doornberg <guidodoornberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] fsck seems to screw up my harddisk
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 13:43:13
1 Hi again,
2
3 Well, I downloaded and started a fresh 2006.1 livecd, repartitioned de
4 hdd, started mke2fs and this time with the -c option.
5
6 So, it started checking and after about 15 minutes this kept on
7 showing up on my screen:
8
9 ata1: error=ox40 {uncorrectable error}
10 ata1: translated ATA stat/err 0X51/40 SCSI SK/ASC/ASCQ 0x3/11/04
11
12 after a while i got a couple of other messages,
13 and now it keeps on talking about Buffer I/O error on device sda3, and
14 after that various sectors and blocks are called.
15
16 I did look after my power supply and I'm for 99% sure that's not the
17 problem. So, correct me if i'm wrong but that would mean my harddisk
18 is the problem? But how than is it possible that I can use it normally
19 if I don't let fsck check it?
20
21 I know this isn't really gentoo specific anymore, but if anyone knows
22 what to do i'm happy to hear it.
23 --
24 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list