From: Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Hardware: USB controller card recommendations?
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:39:30
1 Michael Kjorling, mused, then expounded:
2 > Can anyone recommend a good USB 2.0 controller card for my AMD64-based
3 > system? The one I currently have seems to work for only small amounts
4 > of data, and I have heard that Via chipsets have this problem.
5 >
6 > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
9 Pick up a card with an NEC controller. I've used them with no problems.
10
11 FWIW - the motherboards with Nvidia chipsets work very well. Just saying
12 if you've can't find a suitable alternative.
13
14 Bob
15 --
16 -