From: Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Please suggest settings and flags in /etc/make.conf?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:03:10
1 On 01/22/10 15:01, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Anyway, right now that's not my problem. This must be my 20th install
3 > following the install guide but this time on this machine I am unable
4 > to boot anything. Once again grub has bit me and it's acting like it's
5 > blown away even windows, but I'm also not getting my grub.conf menu so
6 > I don't know what's going on.
7
8 There isn't many ways for booting to fail; it's either a faulty grub
9 installation (e.g. forgetting to rerun grub-install), faulty grub.conf,
10 or faulty kernel config. The easiest way to boot gentoo is to use
11 genkernel; if you can boot using the genkernel, it means grub is
12 properly installed.