From: Rodrigo Gnoatto Amaral <rodrigo.g.amaral@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] nvidia masking help
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:27:10
1 Well I had this problem when xorg was updated. I just run ran: emerge
2 --nodeps nvidia-glx. It wasn't a pretty solution, but works.
3
4 Rodrigo
5
6 2006/7/26, Steve Herber <herber@×××××.com>:
7 > My nvidia based graphics system was working great until the recent X
8 > upgrade. During one of my recent package upgrades I ran afoul of the
9 > abi problem. And now I can't hit the right combination of masks and
10 > package removals to get back to my working state. Could someone tell
11 > me which packages I need to mask to restore the last working nvidia
12 > based X package set?
13 >
14 > Thank you. [composed in console mode, longing for graphics again.]
15 >
16 > Steve Herber
17 > herber@×××××.com
18 > --