From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Tyan Motherboards
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 02:31:13
1 On Wednesday 02 May 2007 03:14:11 Nuitari wrote:
2 > I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with either the
3 > Tyan Thunder n3600M (S2932) or the
4 > Tyan Thunder n2000M (S3992) motherboards and, of course, gentoo amd64.
5
6 Since others have done so, I'll throw in my vote of confidence for Tyan. I've
7 not used those specific motherboard models, but Tyan has above-average Linux
8 support and the product I bought from them has performed as advertised or
9 better. The integrated peripherals (isn't that an oxymoron?) are
10 well-supported in linux.
11
12 I am happily running Gentoo amd64 on the system and have been since the middle
13 of 2005, with few complaints. [That said, there are disadvantage to running
14 a 64-bit userland, still.]
15
16 My next motherboard purchase will almost certainly be Tyan; I'll never go back
17 to 32-bit land.
18
19 > The CPUs would be 2 2xxx opterons.
20
21 I haven't had any experience with these processors.
24 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
25 bss03@××××××××××.net ((_/)o o(\_))
26 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy `-'(. .)`-'
27 http://iguanasuicide.org/ \_/