From: Jack Lloyd <lloyd@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Local network backup
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:20:14
1 On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 03:34:06PM +0200, Jordi Molina wrote:
2
3 > It's not a big security risk, just ensure that the access of the user
4 > in the fw machine has restrictive access over its home and that it
5 > can't su/sudo to root.
6
7 You can use something like scponly, to keep anyone who steals the key
8 from getting shell access to your firewall:
9
10 http://sublimation.org/scponly/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
11
12 You could also limit where logins come from via AllowUsers in your
13 sshd config.
14
15 I had thought OpenSSH had some facility built in for limiting what
16 particular users could do (so you could create an account that can
17 only be used for sftp transfers, and sshd would not allow that user to
18 get a tty or shell), but I can't seem to find anything about that in
19 the man page, so I may just be imagining this feature.
20
21 -Jack
22 --
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list