From: Alexis Lahouze <alexis.lahouze@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge world via ssh
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:10:10
1 2007/1/29, Javi Moreno <vierito5@×××××.com>:
5 > On 1/29/07, Alexis Lahouze <alexis.lahouze@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > 2007/1/28, Dieter Ries <clip2@×××.de>:
7 > > > Hi,
8 > > Hello!
9 > >
10 > > >
11 > > > how can i run emerge -vD world, when i only have the possibility to
12 > access the
13 > > > machine via ssh for a short time?
14 > > hm...
15 > > Did you tried nohup?
16 > > man ... :-)
17 >
18 > Or screen
19 Yes, but I think screen is very usefull when you want to launch
20 multiple "screens" and interact with them (I have a mutt and an irssi
21 launched within a screen) but emerge is non-interactive (this is not
22 true when you have to agree to a license) and nohup should be
23 sufficient (and a tail -F to follow later the log)
24 --
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list