From: Craig Webster <craig@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] firewall
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:13:50
1 On 23 Dec 2005, at 14:00, Gavin Seddon wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I to have such a script that blocks ip's after 5 'opportunist'
4 > attempts.
5 > See below. How do I rc-update this to default?
6 > Cheers.
7
8 I'd dump the current rules to a file (something like /var/lib/
9 iptables/rules) then have that read in from /etc/conf.d/local.start.
10 You can also have a script in /etc/conf.d/local.stop which will save
11 the rules to a file. The advantage of this approach is that if you
12 change rules on-the-fly the firewall rules will be preserved across
13 restarts. If you want to have the firewall start as a separate
14 process to local then try copying an existing init script and
15 modifying it.
18 Yours,
19 Craig
20 --