From: David Guerizec <david@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problem with flash card reader
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:11:08
1 > David Guerizec wrote:
2 >> Hi all,
3 >>
4 >> I recently bought a no-name flash card reader, and I have a problem
5 >> making
6 >> it work under gentoo.
7 >>
8 >> I tested it under Ubuntu-amd64, and it works well.
9 >> By 'well' I mean when I insert a card into the reader, the corresponding
10 >> device /dev/sd[letter][number] is automatically created and I can mount
11 >> the partition.
12
13 [snip]
14
15 > I think I have the same problem with my USB flash card reader. But I run
16 > sg_map (from sg3_utils) as root to make the device appear (in my case
17 > its /dev/sda1)
18 > I would be really interested to know if you manage to make it happen
19 > automatically when inserting a card into the reader.
20
21 Sorry, no :/
22 But thanks for the sg_map trick, this was (and still is unfortunatly) very
23 useful.
24
25 > If I have the card inserted while I connect the USB cable to the
26 > computer the /dev/sda1 device appears automatically, but as you say
27 > there seems to be no USB event happening when inserting a card afterwards.
28
29 Same symptoms here. What kind/brand of card reader do you have ?
30
31 > /Andreas
32
33 David