From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: urgent: Segfaults after synchronously emerging|downloading 30GB|burnng a DVD iso image
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 09:00:07
1 Dieter Ries <clip2@×××.de> posted 200605280030.06641.clip2@×××.de,
2 excerpted below, on Sun, 28 May 2006 00:30:04 +0200:
3
4 > THANK YOU DUNCAN!
5 >
6 > YOU FIXED IT.
7 > or better, i fixed it, but i would have been lost without your help. the
8 > quickpkg thing did the trick.
9 >
10 > first i was in doubt, cause quickpkg is not on the livecd fs, but then i
11 > started thinking, and then i untared stage and portage and made the
12 > package.
13 >
14 > first i untar'ed the package over /etc, but the i did it on root and it
15 > worked.
16 >
17 > once again THANK YOU, you saved me a LOT of work!
18
19 Very glad to be of help! =8^)
20
21 As I said, I've been there, so I know it's not a pleasant feeling!
22
23 Fortunately, I had read about the glibc thing over a year earlier, in
24 O'Reilly's Running Linux, which I had picked up on a recommendation when I
25 started getting serious about Linux. That book paid for itself many times
26 over, and that was one of them! Had it not been for that, I too would
27 have been posting a frantic HELP!! message to an appropriate list, in my
28 case, after booting from my backup root.
29
30 So now I can say I've passed on the wisdom to at least one other person in
31 dire need! As I said, very glad I could help! =8^)
38 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
41 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list