From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problem with mencoder
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:11:48
1 Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 22:39:50 +0200
3 > Robert Cernansky <hslists2@××××××.sk> wrote:
4 >
5 >> On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:59:24 -0400 Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> /opt/mplayer-bin/bin/mencoder-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
8 >>> liblirc_client.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
9 >>> directory
10 >>>
11 >>> I've run revdep-rebuild with that library and re-emerged mplayer and I
12 >>> still get this error. How do I fix this?
13 >> Binary /opt/mplayer-bin/bin/mencoder-bin belongs to 'mplayer-bin'
14 >> package (the precompiled 32 bit version of mplayer), not 'mplayer'.
15 >>
16 >> Try to use mencoder, not mencoder-bin, or try to re-emerge mplayer-bin
17 >> package.
18 >>
19 > Re-emerging it shouldn't make a difference, since nothing can be
20 > recompiled or relinked. Mplayer-bin just uncompress the binary package
21 > and copies the files to the relevant directories.
22 >
23 > This is the same problem that arises in binary distros. You can't
24 > update a library without breaking your system until someone compiles
25 > the relevant packages against that new version of the library.
26 >
27 > Anyway, why are you using mplayer-bin at all? Mplayer will play
28 > using native codecs almost anything. Including wmv9 (non-drm'd,
29 > of course) and realmedia.
32 That's a good question. It's not a matter of playing the particular
33 file as it is I want to rip the audio from it. I do not know why
34 mencoder isn't on my system and why mencoder-bin is. I've not emerged
35 mplayer-bin as all, just mplayer for my amd64 box. I'm very confused by
36 this.
41 Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
44 Mark Haney
45 Sr. Systems Administrator
46 ERC Broadband
47 (828) 350-2415
48
49 Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support
50 --
51 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list