From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] ntpd configuration question
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 09:58:25
1 On Thursday 23 March 2006 02:52, David Fellows wrote:
2
3 > Following are the non-comment lines from my /etc/ntp.conf ... My guess is
4 > you are missing the "restrict default ignore" line in yours.
5
6 Nope. This is mine:
7
8 server 194.88.2.88
9 server 217.115.136.166
10 server 81.2.102.154
11 driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift
12 # If you want to deny all machines (including your own)
13 # from accessing the NTP server, uncomment:
14 restrict default ignore
15
16 I've also tried an explicit command in place of that last line, thus:
17
18 restrict 192.168.129.0 mask 255.255.255.0 nomodify nopeer notrap
19
20 but that made no difference.
21
22 I'm not worried that the world and his wife will come knocking for time
23 service, as I too have a packet filter Net-wards. It just seems untidy to
24 have ntpd listening at a closed door, that's all - and its apparent refusal
25 to obey its own config commands is a surprise.
26
27 The more I scratch my head, the more it looks as though I should submit a
28 bug report.
29
30 > My policy is for one machine to sync with the external world, but not to
31 > serve to the external world. Internally other machines sync against this
32 > machine.
33
34 The same as I'm trying to achieve. Thanks for your comments.
37 Rgds
38 Peter.
39 --
40 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list