From: Will Briggs <will@××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: 32bit session
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 12:45:49
1 Google "amd64 32bit chroot gentoo" and you find:
2
3 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/index.xml?part=1&chap=2
4
5 There is a great deal of overlap with the install docs -- especially if
6 you want to be able to boot to the chroot as a dual-boot and therefore
7 will need to build 32-bit kernel etc. The install procedure for gentoo
8 is basically 1) boot from livecd or something - 2) create a chroot - 3)
9 turn the chroot into gentoo - 4) reboot to chroot and finalise.
10 Creating a basic 32-bit chroot under amd64 does most of steps 2) and 3).
11
12 W.
15 Gavin Seddon wrote:
16 > This is for installing on a machine. How would I catenate this to a
17 > chroot?
18 > Gavin.