From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] ntpd configuration question
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:51:18
1 I don't suppose this is the right place to ask, but I hope you won't mind
2 too much. Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place, though I've been
3 through the extensive ntp documentation with the proverbial tooth comb but
4 still can't find what I need.
5
6 I'm putting a new iDEQ box to work as my replacement firewall and gateway,
7 and I've got as far as setting up an ntpd on it for my network to use.
8 Naturally, I don't want it to listen on the external interface, so I've
9 uncommented the appropriate lines in /etc/ntpd.conf to restrict what
10 addresses are listened to. All with no effect: the system log shows ntpd
11 listening on two wildcard addresses and, specifically, my external address,
12 as well as the (intended) internal one. How on earth do I get the program
13 to obey its own configuration declarations?
14
15 I'd prefer to use chrony, but it hasn't been ported to amd64 yet so I have
16 to make do with ntpd. Any clues, anyone?
19 Rgds
20 Peter.
21 --
22 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list