From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Mplayer
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:04:48
1 On Thursday 31 August 2006 13:41, Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
2 > On 8/31/06, Ronan Klyne <rklyne@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > I had problems with video while installing xgl. I use xorg-x11 for
4 > > opengl, and had to switch to ATI's opengl implementation for xgl. This
5 > > broke video overlays. I reverted to xorg-x11 opengl /and/ my original
6 > > xorg.conf and all was well
7 >
8 > I use nvidia opengl.
9 > The strange thing is that the problem comes up even using aa or caca
10 > video output!
11 > I tried switching to console, stop xdm, and play with aa and I still
12 > got the problem.
13 >
14 > My problem is that when I run mplayer it runs for a couple of seconds
15 > slowing down to stop. I just see a few frames of a movie, then it's
16 > like as paused. Mplayer isn't crashed nor locked, because I can skip
17 > forward and backward, but it doesn't play.
18 >
19 > I really don't know what can it be. I ran revdep-rebuild but
20 > everything seems fine. I get the same problem also with mplayer-bin.
21
22 I don't have any problems with mplayer(-bin) on my ~amd64 system.
23
24 Could it be the video file is corrupt/bad ?
25 --
26 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list