From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 32-bit and 64-bit Firefox on same system
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 19:58:22
1 Sebastian Redl wrote:
2
3 > Mark Haney wrote:
4 >
5 >> Is it possible to run Firefox and Firefox-bin on the same box without
6 >> problems? I keep finding myself needing to use Flash and am tired of
7 >> waiting to boot to Windows or use another desktop.
8 >>
9 > Absolutely. Aside from the compiled Fox not working at all on my
10 > system right now, and the binary one having problems with my (perhaps
11 > outdated) Flash plug-in, I had, for the longest time, firefox,
12 > firefox-bin, mozilla and mozilla-bin running alongside without any
13 > problems.
14 > Note that it is not possible to run them at the same time, though: you
15 > must completely exit one to be able to launch the other, because
16 > otherwise the window detection will grab existing windows. In
17 > addition, they share profiles, so you'd get a profile reuse warning if
18 > you managed to start them both.
19 >
20 > Sebastian Redl
21
22 Cool, thanks for the heads up.
26 Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
27
28 Mark Haney
29 Sr. Systems Administrator
30 ERC Broadband