From: Marcel Treis <trei4702@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] xorg Dual-Head Layout with nv-Driver?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:51:41

Kyle Liddell wrote:

> [...]
Thanks for those tips, i'll keep on trying.
> One thing: in your original mail you said that your "machine crashes". > What exactly do you mean? X crashes and goes back to the console? X > locks up, but can use machine remotely? System locks > up/crashes/reboots?
I admit that was a bit unprecise. What happens is that sometimes the X Server stops responding, meanwhile there's A LOT of hard disk activity (swapping?). I also encountered the situation that the window decorations (symbols for closing, minimizing, etc.) are gone and basically just about all KDE functionality is unavailable, i can only see the topmost window (and i think that windows from different desktops were mixed into one desktop too). In this situation i also got some log entries in Strg+Alt+F12 saying smth. about HighMem, wich was full.