From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Slightly OT (Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Disable SPP On GCC-4.8.3)k
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 15:41:43
1 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> skribis:
2 > /That/ said, there's actually three levels of ssp now, with this one the
3 > lowest level, dropping performance very little while focusing protection
4 > on the functions that are easiest to abuse AND to protect.
5
6 I tend to keep out-of-the-box gcc on the side for development, though
7 that’s for a few perhaps peculiar reasons. (Partly to keep alive the
8 remote possibility of my trying out Gnat, which Gentoo doesn’t really
9 support. You need a running and perhaps recent Gnat to build Gnat.)
10
11 I consider SSP a good thing. It is an attempt to make up for C/C++
12 programming, which is a bad thing.