From: Chris Smart <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Root on Raid and LVM - Solved
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:57:01
Chris Smart wrote:

> Has anyone heard of these issues? > > I assume lvmraid option is new as I had this working without it > previously. Perhaps Gentoo devs have changed the way all this works?
Further to this, I re-emerged baselayout and added a few other things to grub.conf kernel line (along with the lvmraid entry), namely "gentoo=nodevfs udev". Now when Gentoo boots I see what I was expecting - it no longer says "Scanning for Software Raid - Found None", now it says: "Detected real_root as an md device, filling node." Then it detects the LVM partitions and it's all good! Also no longer get the "rm /sys/blah*" errors. Only one issue now, and that is that upon shutdown, Gentoo cannot stop /dev/md5 because it is in use. Is there a fix for this? Perhaps in the order of the shutdown? Cheers, Chris -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list