From: Marcel Treis <trei4702@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Problems with nForce 3 + SATA + Gentoo 2005.1[-r1]
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:36:31
1 John Myers wrote:
2
3 >On Sunday 29 January 2006 12:04, Marcel Treis wrote:
6 >>I have attached the dmesg of two runs, both with 2005.1-r1, the first
7 >>with no additional parameters, the second with "acpi=off noapic nodetect
8 >>docache".
9 >>I hope that helps.
12 >Hmm... looks normal. Are you sure the disk is good? Do you have access to
13 >another SATA disk? Or another similar computer? Does the SATA drive work with
14 >the 32-bit install?
15 >
16 I think i found the error, and it seems to have nothing to do with
17 gentoo. I tested the drive with a diagnose-program from the Maxtor
18 Homepage, and the 90-seconds-test did not complete after about 15
19 minutes. I was kinda hoping the drive would be ok, now i am pretty sure
20 it's not.
21 Thank you all for helping me diagnose my problem!