From: Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@×××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] NFS write problem. 2.6.14-gentoo-r5
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:26:03
1 Hello all,
2
3 We are running Gentoo on an amd system and all is great except there is
4 a problem when writting to a nfs partition, reading is fine though.
5
6 The problem is even more strange because in some cases I can write to
7 the share.
8 For example: echo blah > x works but cp /tmp/file . does not.
9 I have tried the following.
10 1. Echo multiline text > file. works
11 2. run a perl script that opens a file to write and write some text to
12 it. Works.
13 3. cp /tmp/file xx Does not works
14 4. cat /tmp/file > xx . Does not works.
15 5. dd if=/dev/random of=./test bs=1024 count=1 Does not works.
16
17 The system is running 2.6.14-gentoo-r5
18 Its a dual-core opteron system (sun x2100) with nvidia chipset and
19 running with nvnet module.
20
21 I have tried the same with SLES9 on the same machine and it works fine.
22 Any ideas?
23
24 I can provide the strace of the two machines if neccesary.
29 best regards,
32 Atif Ghaffar
36 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list