From: "Henry W. Peters" <hwpeters@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Can't connect to internet from Live DVD.
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 17:39:17
1 On 9/21/2013 4:28 AM, Duncan wrote:
2 > The Gentoo Linux alternative installation method HOWTO
3 >
4 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/altinstall.xml
5 >
6 > Section 3 is Installation from non-Gentoo LiveCDs.
7 > Section 4 is Diskless install using PXE boot.
8 > Section 5 is Installing Gentoo from an existing Linux distribution.
9 >
10 > Take your pick! =:^)
11 Thanks Duncan,
12
13 Though, now that I have my USB 3 external hd, which has Debian
14 installed, now working with wireless internet connect, I am thinking of
15 trying to install Gentoo on a partition on an internal hd... but having
16 other options with some guidance is more reassuring, & could be very
17 helpful (& what I was looking for, though I might just try Marks'
18 suggestion, too, thanks Mark). One other thing I have been meditating
19 upon, is that I have a UEFI bios... (Windows 8), I did install an MBR on
20 the external disk, with grub on it... & when I boot, in legacy mode,
21 from it... grub works... so thinking I might be able to update grub,
22 after the Gentoo install, & (hopefully) use grub to load the Gentoo
23 system... Grub would not install in the UEFI, & the directions to boot
24 from it, with Linux, are a bit complex for me at this stage... (will try
25 to work that out too, eventually).
26
27 Regards,
28 Henry