From: Nadav Horesh <nadavh@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] FW: [Numpy-discussion] Fwd: [atlas-devel] ATLAS support letters
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:54:11
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: numpy-discussion-bounces@×××××.org on behalf of Matthew Brett
3 Sent: Fri 12-Feb-10 21:28
4 To: Discussion of Numerical Python
5 Subject: [Numpy-discussion] Fwd: [atlas-devel] ATLAS support letters
6
7 Hi,
8
9 I don't know if y'all are subscribed to the ATLAS mailing list, but,
10 it would be good if we could find a way of supporting Clint as
11 strongly as we can.
12
13 Best,
14
15 Matthew
18 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
19 From: Clint Whaley <whaley@×××××××.edu>
20 Date: Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM
21 Subject: [atlas-devel] ATLAS support letters
22 To: math-atlas-devel@×××××××××××××××××.net
25 Guys,
26
27 I go up for tenure this year.  The tenure committee has asked me to
28 get letters of support from ATLAS users so that they can assess the
29 service impact of my support of ATLAS (I *tell* them it is widely used, but
30 can I show it other than downloads?).  The letter would discuss a little
31 of what you do, and how you use ATLAS, and the importance of having
32 ATLAS in furthering your project goals.  So, if you are part of an
33 organization/business/open source project/research project that uses ATLAS,
34 please contact me if you or a colleague is willing to help with such a letter.
35 If you know someone at such a place that uses ATLAS, forward this on.
36 I will be contacting some groups that I know use ATLAS, but I don't
37 know about the majority of people/groups who do, and I often don't
38 have records and so forget even the ones I knew used it . . .
39
40 With Goto taking a position at MS, it is all the more important that
41 I can show my colleagues that ATLAS support and development is a
42 service to the community, and having it at UTSA helps the university
43 and department . . .
44
45 Thanks,
46 Clint
47
48 **************************************************************************
49 ** R. Clint Whaley, PhD ** Assist Prof, UTSA ** www.cs.utsa.edu/~whaley **
50 **************************************************************************
51
53 SOLARIS 10 is the OS for Data Centers - provides features such as DTrace,
54 Predictive Self Healing and Award Winning ZFS. Get Solaris 10 NOW
55 http://p.sf.net/sfu/solaris-dev2dev
57 Math-atlas-devel mailing list
58 Math-atlas-devel@×××××××××××××××××.net
61 NumPy-Discussion mailing list