From: Roman Zilka <rzilka@××××.cz>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] More ATi driver madness
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:59:26
1 I ran into that too. Solved it by meddling with the AGP Aperture
2 size parameter in xorg.conf (aticonfig will give you the exact syntax).
3 My HW is an HP nx6125 laptop with a PCIE Radeon X300, shared mem.
4
5 Regards
6 -Roman
9 > Good news: After two months of screwing with modular X and the ATI drivers, I
10 > FINALLY got an X session on my Compaq R4000.
11 >
12 > Bad news: For some incredibly stupid reason, the session graphics are
13 > horrible. When I log in, the desktop looks fine, but all my console sessions
14 > are transparent and impossible to read and every window I close hangs out on
15 > the desktop like a ghost. I've used eselect to configure openGL for the ati
16 > interface, the module (latest driver) loads and i even get the correct info
17 > in 'fglrxinfo'. Not to mention I get 1280x800 resolution. But if this
18 > graphics problem can't be fixed, it's impossible to use that way.
19 >
20 > Does anyone have any possible clue what I can do to fix that?
23 > --
24 > Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
25 >
26 > Mark Haney
27 > Sr. Systems Administrator
28 > ERC Broadband