From: Alexey Maslennikov <alexey.maslennikov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: arts
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 09:42:06
I do not use arts, but have configured KDE notifications to use external
player: in my case alsaplayer.

I don't use native kde music players, so this is sufficient.

On Saturday 09 July 2005 05:37, Luigi Pinna wrote:
> Alle 01:10, sabato 09 luglio 2005, Alexey Maslennikov ha scritto: > > As far as I remember, /dev/dsp is only used with OSS. > > In case you use ALSA, it is created by OSS emulation. Possibly OSS > > emulation modules are not loaded. Module names are something like > > snd_*_oss. > > > > P.S. I can be very wrong about it. > > Sorry, I have a question: > can you use arts without problems? If I use arts, it crashs often and > freeze the computer... > Usually I can't login in a session where one or two programs, that they > use arts, must be open (a restored session). > If I do that, the computer freeze immediately. > Am I alone? > I recompiled KDE without arts support now, but I have no system sound > and kopete sound... > Luigi
-- Alexey Maslennikov Oracle DBA and developer *NIX system administrator

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] arts Luigi Pinna <mailing-gentoo@××××××××××××.com>