From: Mihir Sevak <mihir.sevak@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64]emerge make my comp slow :(
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 22:09:30
1 unfortunately i had it with both ...
2 touchpad and usb mouse
5 On 8/4/06, Rodrigo Gnoatto Amaral <rodrigo.g.amaral@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > I had this problem only with USB mouses.
7 >
8 > 2006/8/4, Mihir Sevak <mihir.sevak@×××××.com>:
9 > > Dear memebers,
10 > > i am not a linux guru. I have been using linux only for couple years
11 > > now. I personally like it a lot but i am still trying to learn more
12 > > about it. So if my answer was wrong then i sincerely apologize. Please
13 > > don't think that Gentoo has a bad support because of my wrong answer.
14 > > Honestly i am using Gentoo because i can get answers for my questions
15 > > from these mailing lists.
16 > > Also i have an amd 64 gateway laptop. When i installed Gentoo on it
17 > > i had to install some software packages for my personal use. One of
18 > > them was Anjuta (i remember). It was a big package(lot of
19 > > dependencies) and there were other 2 packages which i was emerging at
20 > > the same time. I have to admit at that time i had a similar situation.
21 > > My mouse was almost not moving. But there are many variables involved
22 > > in that situation. So i am not sure if my conclusion that whenever one
23 > > emerges more then one package at the same time computer slows down is
24 > > absolutely correct. Also i will be very happy to learn something new
25 > > from this thread.
26 > >
27 > > Thanks.
28 > >