From: Dulmandakh Sukhbaatar <dulmandakh@×××××××.mn>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] amd64 and kernel configuration
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 05:27:45
1 I'm new to amd64 and don't know how to configure kernel for best
2 performance, but I've been using gentoo since 2004.1. Should I enable SMP,
3 HyperThreading (name differs from hypertransport), and NUMA with single
4 processor? I found out what with hypertransport performance will better than
5 without it, but in the help of SMP suggests that if you have single
6 processor its better to disable SMP. Thus disabling SMP there is no option
7 for hyperthreading. Last is hyperthreading same as hypertransport or not?
8 Enabling hyperthreading can i enable hypertransport? Sorry for my poor
9 english :D.
10 --
11 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list