From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] make.conf for the install CD?
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 17:07:17
1 Hi,
2 A friend was thinking about installing Gentoo for the first time.
3 As I haven't done a new x86 install in maybe a year or more and my
4 AMD64 install was in 2004 I thought I'd look at the state of things
5 from the POV of a new user.
6
7 1) One new thing (for me) is the future elimination of the 200X.Y
8 install CDs in favor of some sort of a weekly release. I downloaded
9 and booted from here:
10
11 http://mirrors.kernel.org/gentoo/releases/amd64/current/
12
13 2) Poking around the running environment things seem to work and it's
14 nicely up to date with a new kernel, etc. One thing I didn't find
15 though was /etc/make.conf.
16
17 I'm curious as to where I might get a copy of make.conf to see how
18 gcc flags were set up for this CD? If there isn't a specific file then
19 is there some way to get the flag settings from some other tool?
20
21 Also, is there an AMD64 Quick Install guide? I did this AMD64
22 install 5 years ago and there wasn't in those days. I'm only spotting
23 x86 now.
24
25 Thanks,
26 Mark