From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Firefox/Firefox-bin & Flash
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 23:02:59
On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Florian Philipp
<> wrote:
> Am 09.12.2010 16:02, schrieb Mark Knecht: >> Related to Dale's new machine/Gentoo 64-bit questions one other thing >> popped into my frazzled mind this morning that I've been meaning to >> ask. >> >> Sometime ago Flash for 64-bit was masked due to 64-bit security >> issues. I started using Firefox-bin and the 32-bit version of Flash. >> (At least that's the way I understand what's getting emerged. I don't >> much care. It works...) >> >> Anyway, what's the status of all of that? It seems Duncan maybe has a >> workable Flash plugin for his browser. What's state of the art these >> days for either multi-lib or 64-bit only systems? >> >> Thanks, >> Mark >> > > > As I've written in Dale's thread, it depends on the version. The > currently stable one ( is 32bit-only. The next higher > ( is also available for amd64. You can just look > at the build files. One contains instructions about 64bit versions in > the first few lines, the other always downloads an "i386.rpm". > > Nevertheless, the current stable version works with 64bit Firefox and > nspluginwrapper. > >
Thanks Florian. I've installed Firefox, nspluginwrapper and adobe-flash- It seems to be working. I guess it's 64-bit. My needs aren't very high. Mostly it's for listening to radio from places like NPR, etc., but I like to have Flash installed so that web sites that depend on it don't complain at me. I'll look into other flash compatible players one of these days but no time right now. Thanks for the info! Cheers, Mark